Thursday, May 12, 2011

Orientation.

No pics today - sorry. But I had my orientation yesterday in two ways. We were told what to do and where to go in case of a rocket attack. And we were told that a Dyncorp employee was unfortunately killed in the last rocket attack on March 27th. But the good news was that there had not been an attack since then and maybe the Taliban was slowing down.

We were told where the bunkers were and it was suggested that unless you realy want to go down to the bunker in your birthday suit, then you ought to wear some form of clothing to bed. So, being a good pupil in a war zone, I wore a T-shirt and a pair of gym shorts.

So, between jet lag and just being a fat old man (lost over 30 lbs though!), I had to get up and pee shortly before 3:00 am. As I was walking back from the potty, I heard an explosion - but no siren. So, I did not worry too much about it and I flopped back into bed. Just as soon as I got covered up, the siren went off and I hit the deck. Waited a minute and skedaddled down to the bunker. So we sat there from 3:00 am to 4:30 am when we got the all clear. So, I thought I could get another few winks and just got settled and off goes the siren again. This time, we only sit until about 5:15 am. Now it is light out and the birds are chirping. Oh well, time to start the day.

The good news, I get overtime for sitting in the bunker. Now that's something I would like to see in the next round of negotiations - time and one half for staying put during a rocket attack.

Long day and good night. More fun to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment